Corporate Mission Statement
West 10 Newspapers, the number one provider of local news and information in the suburbs of Memphis and the Mid-South, is committed to meeting the individual needs of the communities in which we operate. It is our mission to be the newspaper of choice in each suburban community we serve.
Corporate Content Statement
West 10 Newspapers is focused solely on community-specific coverage of events, people, places and civic activities. It’s local content from a local perspective, read cover to cover.
The Bartlett Express
The Bartlett Express — a community newspaper covering Bartlett, Lakeland, Arlington and parts of Bolton — was founded on June 15, 1978, in Bartlett, Tenn. As of May 1, 2019, it is owned by Magic Valley Publishing Co. Inc. (“MVP”) and remains located at 2850 Stage Village Cove, Ste. #5, Bartlett TN 38134.
Sister publications that are also housed at the same office include:
- The Collierville Independent
- The Shelby Sun Times (Germantown)
- The Millington Star
West 10’s parent company is MVP, a media conglomerate based in Camden, Tenn.
Other MVP publications in Tennessee include:
- Buffalo River Review in Linden
- The Camden Chronicle in Camden
- Carroll County News-Leader in Huntingdon
- Chester County Independent in Henderson
- The Collierville Herald in Collierville
- The Crockett County Times in Alamo
- Lake County Banner in Tiptonville
- The Leader in Covington
- The News-Democrat in Waverly
- Shopper News in Jackson
- The Shopper’s Guide in Waverly
- Wayne County News in Waynesboro
MVP also owns:
- The four-state Family Classifieds
- Southern Outdoor Sports magazine
- FM radio station (WRJB) in Camden
- AM/FM radio station (WFWL and the Catfish) in Camden
MVP’s owners are Dennis and Lisa Richardson of Camden, and MVP is operated by COO Daniel Richardson and CFO Matthew Richardson. MVP’s group publisher is Scott Whaley.