The information comes from the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance’s (TDCI) Division of Regulatory Boards. The division has released its December Disciplinary Action Report, which compiles the actions taken by its boards and commissions that month.
The Division of Regulatory Boards ensures that persons meet minimum professional standards. To check a license of a professional regulated by the department, go to verify.tn.gov.
Following are local disciplinary actions. See the December report for the whole state at bit.ly/TDCI-Dec2018.
- Contractors & Home Improvement and Limited Licensed Electricians:
- Southhouse Co. of Memphis, assessed a $500 civil penalty for unlicensed activity on Dec. 21, 2018
- Cosmetology & Barber:
- La Espanola Beauty & Spa of Bartlett, assessed a $2,000 civil penalty for unlicensed activity on Dec. 17, 2018
- B Extended Salon of Memphis, assessed a $1,600 civil penalty for person(s) without valid license practicing, expired shop license, and owner/manager not present on Dec. 20, 2018
- Real Estate Commission:
- April Hua of Collierville, assessed a $500 civil penalty and required to undergo four hours of contracts continuing education on Dec. 15, 2018