The Bartlett Express, with permission, printed or made reference to several Tennessee education stories created by Chalkbeat.org this week. View the stories online at their site:
- Haslam’s last-ditch effort to kill school funding lawsuit falls short in Tennessee: Click for the full story.
- Education issues to watch in Tennessee’s statehouse in 2019: Click for the full story.
- Tennessee has a lot of early-career teachers, especially at schools with more students of color. Here’s why it matters: Click for the full story.
- Despite blistering audit, Questar will pursue TN’s next testing contract. Click for the full story.
Additional education stories to watch this week:
- Will half of all U.S. colleges close in a decade? See the story at Forbes.com.
- TNAchieves students give back over 2 million hours. See the story at Chattanoogan.com.