With 51 percent of American consumers saying that Black Friday no longer offers the best deals of the year, the personal-finance website WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2018’s Best Things to Buy on Black Friday. WalletHub determined that 14 percent of items offer no savings compared with their pre-Black Friday prices.
To find out whether shoppers are really getting the best deals, WalletHub compared the pre-Black Friday price against the actual Black Friday price of a broad selection of items. In doing so, WalletHub identified the offers that are truly worth the hassle of partaking in the year’s biggest shopping craze.
Top 10 Deals
- Lifetime storage shed ($1,001)
- KEF Space One headphones ($569)
- HP Envy desktop 795-0050 ($290)
- Samsung 7.4 ft. electric dryer ($365)
- Samsung 55-inch smart UHD TV ($221)
- Osaki OS-4000 massage chair ($399)
- CAP barbell olympic grip weight set ($259)
- Werner 20-foot extension ladder ($246)
- HP Pavilion convertible laptop ($241)
- Kenmore Elite 80373 microwave ($329)
Top 5 Product Categories
- Jewelry (73%)
- Books, movies and music (48%)
- Consumer packaged goods (46%)
- Video game software (39%)
- Furniture (37%)
Worst 5 Product Categories
- All other product categories (35%)
- Apparel & accessories (33%)
- Appliances (30%)
- Consumer electronics (26%)
- Computers and phones (25%)
For the full report, visit wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-items-for-black-friday/16901.
For the latest Black Friday deals (updated daily), visit wallethub.com/edu/black-friday-ads/16713.