They had the final reading on new zoning ordinance changes to set guidelines for safe and reasonable operation of short-term rental units and to specify zones that permit such rentals.
In other business, the board:
- Accepted the lowest bid for roof replacement at the Bartlett Performing Arts and Conference Center. The bid went to Jessie Bryant Roofing at a cost of $309,712, plus a contingency amount of $35,000 for total cost of $344,712.
- Set an Aug. 14 public hearing for a resolution on a retail store’s special use permit. The permit would be for the sale of used children’s clothing at Summer Kids, 2831 Bartlett Blvd.
- Had the second (of three) ordinance readings to rezone property on the north side of Yale Road at U.S. 70 from RS-10 to ROI. The public hearing is set for July 24.
- Approved a special event permit for the Memphis Runner’s Road Race Series 5 Mile Runs on Aug. 12 and 26 at W.J. Freeman Park.
- Passed a routine resolution to delete uncollectable property taxes, interest, penalties and associated costs from the City of Bartlett’s tax rolls.
- Accepted the Planning Commission report for July 2018.