The Bartlett Station Farmers’ Market will open for the season at 8 a.m. Saturday, May 19. The market, held at W.J. Freeman Park, will run from 8 a.m. until noon every Saturday through Sept. 22.
A variety of vendors will be available to provide locally grown fresh produce and other offerings. Currently, the vendors’ list includes:
- Cathy’s Canine Complements of Bartlett (pet massages, treats and six kinds of aromatherapy) by Cathy Bickerstaff
- Lutheran Women’s Missionary League of Memphis (home-baked goods, locally grown plants and herbs and handcrafted items such as potholders, aprons, wooden bowls and vases)
- Donna’s Kettle Corn of Memphis
- Mammaw Melton’s Heirloom Garden (produce, eggs and more) by Susan Melton
- BOHO Farms LLC by Marcin Bartczak (mushrooms, mini greens and more)
- Marla’s Garden by Marla Speidel (produce)
- Wilson Blueberry Farm by Susan Wilson
- McFresh Fruits & Veggies by Dolly Montgomery
- Sandy Lee (produce)
- Jones Orchard (fruits and vegetables)
- Jaybear Bake Shop (baked goods)
- Handcrafted Creativity by Lisa Johnson (lawn and garden crafts)
- The Garden by Rosa Pinson (hostas and ferns)
- Wooddell Farms by Clarence Wooddell
- Magnolia Mama by Dee Cressy
- Peach World by Wayne & Clara Oswald (produce)
- Deer Creek Farms by Joy Jarvis (produce)
Guests are invited to shop for new Farmers Market T-shirts and totes while browsing the vendors’ booths.
The market, which first opened in 2011, operates next to the park’s tennis courts and strives to unify the community by offering a welcoming gathering spot, healthy food and product choices, and information on retail products and services available in the Bartlett Station area.
Organizers say they welcome volunteers, who can earn service hours through schools and Scouting activities. Non-profit organizations are invited to sign up for a Saturday, have an information booth and and act as market hosts. To volunteer or to receive more information, email email@example.com.
Individual and business sponsors are also welcome to participate. See details on the sponsors tab at the market’s website at BartlettStationFarmersMarket.org.