TN is 8th from last among states in immigrants’ impact
In order to determine which states benefit most from immigration, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 19 key metrics, ranging from median household income of foreign-born population to jobs generated by immigrant-owned businesses as a share of total jobs.
With 1 representing the biggest impact, and 25 representing the national average, Tennessee ranked as follows on immigrants’ economic impact:
- 42nd – percent of jobs generated by immigrant-owned businesses out of total jobs
- 32nd – net difference between state & local revenues and expenditures per immigrant\39th – median household income of foreign-born population
- 35th – percent of foreign-born stem workers out of total stem workers
- 26th – percent of foreign-born population aged 25 & older with a bachelor’s degree or higher
- 33rd – percent of fortune 500 companies founded by immigrants or their children
- 35th – % of jobs created by presence of international students out of total jobs
- 42nd – economic contribution of international students per capita
For the full report, visit wallethub.com/edu/economic-impact-of-immigration-by-state/32248.