Cities announce closures for Thanksgiving holiday
- Bartlett: City offices, the senior center, library and animal shelter will be closed on Nov. 24-25. The Bartlett Recreation Center will be closed on Nov. 24 but will be open 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 25. Trash pickup will be delayed by one day.
- Arlington: Town Hall, the library and the senior center will be closed Nov. 24-25. Any Thursday trash pickups will be handled on Friday.
- Lakeland: City Hall and the Senior Center will be closed on Nov. 24-25. Republic Services will pick up Thursday’s trash on Friday and yard waste on Saturday.
BACC to kick off season with Dec. 1 open house for its members
The Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting a members’ open house on Dec. 1. The event, sponsored by First South Financial, will be 4-7 p.m. at the chamber’s office, 2969 Elmore Park Road (across from the Bartlett Post Office). To donate a food item or door prize, contact Jerry at (901) 372-9457.
55+ crowd to mark holidays with Dec. 2 bash in Lakeland
Lakeland’s senior citizens ages 55 and up are invited to celebrate the season with a catered dinner and entertainment at the I.H. Clubhouse (4523 Canada Road) at 6 p.m. Dec. 2. Admission is $10, payable at the door.
The event will include giveaways and entertainment by the Frazier Sisters, Gail Frazier Mathewson and Sue Frazier Weaver, singing oldies, jazz, country, big band and gospel. RSVP by Monday, Nov. 28. Call Kim Odom at (901) 746-8195.
Bartlett, Arlington plan Dec. 3 Christmas parades
- Arlington’s Christmas Parade will be 3-6 p.m. Dec. 3 on Airline Road.
- Bartlett’s parade will start at 4 p.m. on Dec. 3, using the same route as last year, beginning at Bartlett Boulevard and proceeding west on Stage Road to Shelby Street. This route will close to traffic at 3:30 p.m. (See a map online). Stage Road between Elmore Park and Bartlett Boulevard will close around 2:30 p.m. The parade theme is “Happy 150 Years Bartlett,” and applications are online. There is no parade rain date. Remember there is parking at the Bartlett Station Municipal Center to watch the parade. Questions can be emailed to Debbie Gelineau at firstname.lastname@example.org.