The Bartlett school board met briefly Nov. 17 at the high school library to approve policy changes and pass other routine measures.
Their actions included:
- Approving a revised policy on the method and election of school board officers. The purpose is to align elections to the district’s fiscal calendar. Terms will run July 1-July 30, and elections will be the last regular meeting in June rather than the first regular meeting in December.
- Approving a revised policy on school board meetings. The change removes the specification on where the board meets. The location has temporarily changed to the Bartlett High School library because of the current renovation underway at Bartlett City Hall, where the school board normally meets.
- Naming members of the textbook selection committee.
- Approving the same memorandum of understanding that was in place last school year between the Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis (TCAT-Memphis) and Bartlett High School so that students can earn dual enrollment credit.
- Discussing the fact that TNReady test results (for high school only) are now available to high-level district personnel for analysis, and the district is currently embargoed from releasing the data until December.
- Commending the Bartlett Varsity Girls Volleyball team for a great season and for reaching the state tournament.
- Welcoming Jason Sykes to the district as its new communications, volunteer and outreach coordinator. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The board also noted that the three re-elected school board members will be sworn in on Dec. 8.
Earlier this month at the school board’s Nov. 10 work session, the board also announced that the projected closing date of the district’s soccer field purchase will be the end of November.
Written by Carolyn Bahm, Express editor. Contact her at (901) 433-9138 or via email to email@example.com.