Want to serve on a Bartlett board or commission?

Much of the business of the city of Bartlett is overseen by various boards and commissions. These volunteers are Bartlett residents, people who are committed to keeping Bartlett a great place to live, work, raise a family and retire.

How can I be considered?

  • seal of bartlettYou must have been a resident of the city of Bartlett for over one year and must be at least 18 years of age.
  • Some of the boards/commission also will require professional training.
  • Send a letter or email to Mayor A. Keith McDonald stating which board or commission interests you. In the letter include information about your background, interest, and qualifications. Include all contact information, including your home address, home/work/cell phone numbers, fax and email.
  • Mail your information to: Mayor A. Keith McDonald, City of Bartlett, 6400 Stage Road, Bartlett, TN 38134, or you can email it to kmcdonald@cityofbartlett.org.

If there is not an opening for the board or commission that interests you, you will be placed on the waiting list until an opening occurs.

The members work with the department directors to give them a citizen's input of concerns and suggestions. Each board or commission will include the department director and a Bartlett aldermen/city employee as advisors.

These volunteers are appointed by the mayor and approved by the Board of Aldermen. Bartlett's boards and commissions include:

  • Bartlett Arts Council (only 2 members of this board are appointed by the mayor)
  • Bartlett Station Commission
  • Board of Zoning Appeals
  • Bartlett Performing Arts & Conference Center Advisory Board
  • City Beautiful Commission
  • Design Review Commission
  • Family Assistance Commission
  • Grievance Review Board
  • Historic Preservation Commission
  • Industrial Development Board
  • Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
  • Planning Commission