Call us  Call Us (901) 433-9138

2850 Stage Village Cove No. 5
Bartlett, TN. 38134
Fax (901) 529-7687
News: bartlett.editor@journalinc.com
Advertising: vickie.clark@journalinc.com

 Subscribe in a reader

Lifeblood announces dates for October blood drives

Lifeblood-logo-TRIMMEDYou can save lives, one pint at a time.

It’s a fact: 90 percent of us will need blood before age 70, but less than 10 percent of the general population actually donates blood.

The need for blood in the Mid-South is pressing and constant. Lifeblood’s donors provide 60 percent of the blood used by patients; the remaining 40 percent must be purchased by from other blood centers across the country. Thus only with help from area businesses, houses of worship, government groups, civic organizations and concerned individuals can Lifeblood achieve a self-sufficient blood supply for our region.

Upcoming local blood drives for October include:

  • Oct. 2: St. Luke Lutheran Church, 2000 N Germantown Parkway, Cordova. Hours: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
  • Oct. 2: St. Therese [Little Flower] Catholic Church, 1644 Jackson Ave., Memphis. Hours: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
  • Oct. 5: Baptist Memorial Hospital, 1500 West Poplar Ave., Collierville. Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
  • Oct. 6: Methodist Hospital, 7691 Poplar Ave., Germantown. Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
  • Oct. 7: Booker T. Washington High School, 715 S. Lauderdale St., Memphis. Hours: 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
  • Oct. 9: Faith Baptist Church, 3755 N. Germantown Road, Bartlett. Hours: 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
  • Oct. 10: Baptist Memorial Hospital, 6025 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis. Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
  • Oct. 12: Advanced Services Inc., 6419 Shelby View Drive #110, Bartlett. Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
  • Oct. 13: Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, 848 Adams Ave., Memphis. Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
  • Oct. 16: Bartlett Woods Church Of Christ, 7900 Old Brownsville Road, Arlington. Hours: 4-8 p.m.
  • Oct. 20: Think Pink, 102 Tigrett St., Halls. Hours: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
  • Oct. 24: Arlington High School, 5475 Airline Road, Arlington. Hours: 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
  • Oct. 24: University of Memphis – Rose Theatre Lobby, 470 University St., Memphis. Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
  • Oct. 26: University of Memphis – Rose Theatre Lobby, 470 University St., Memphis. Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.