The mayor and board:
- Accepted the lowest bid for the Fletcher Creek Greenway Bike and Pedestrian Trail. The bid was from Vucon LLC for $932,787.20, plus a contingency amount of $70,000 for a total cost of $1,002,787.20. This project is an 80/20 federal/ local match. The city’s portion of the total cost will be $200,557.44.
- Approved Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon as the contract administrator for the Fletcher Creek Greenway Bike and Pedestrian Trail project. This project is an 80/20 federal local match. The city’s portion of the contract administration is $44,415.20.
- Renewed the annual computer-assisted dispatch maintenance agreement from Tritech Software Systems for a total cost of $64,397.
- Extended the consultant contract with Federal Engineering for the city’s public safety radio system. The contract is for additional services related to installation and testing of a public safety radio system in an amount not to exceed $22,949, including labor and travel expense.
- Approved the sole bid for animal control operational supplies from Animal Core Equipment & Services at a cost of $15,890.42, plus a contingency amount of $864.89 for a total cost of $16,755.31.
- Approved a proposal for vehicle maintenance software. The board accepted the lowest bid, provided by Ron Turley Associates Inc. at a cost of $30,364.50.
- Approved a bid to replace the Germantown Road Water Plant dehumidifier. The board accepted the lower bid from National HVAC Service at a cost of $54,917, plus a contingency amount of $5,083, for a total cost of $60,000.
- Held two public hearings with no members of the public speaking up to support or oppose a couple of ordinances. They were an ordinance to keep the ad valorem tax rate the same and another ordinance to adopt multiple city funds. The city funds included the 2016-2017 General Fund, Street Aid Fund, Solid Waste Fund, General Improvement Fund, Drug Enforcement Fund, DEA Enforcement Fund, Drainage Fund, Parks Improvement Fund, Bartlett City School Fund, Utility Fund, Debt Service Fund, and Capital Improvements Fund Budgets. Both ordinances passed after the public hearings.
- Approved a special event permit for Weekly Mountain Bike Time Trial Series. The event will be on Wednesdays (July 27, Aug. 3, Aug. 10 and Aug. 17) from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Nesbit Park.
- Approved a permit for the Annual Bartlett Kids’ Triathlon. The event is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 1, starting at 7:30 a.m. in and around the Bartlett Recreation Center. The Center will be closed until 11 a.m. on the day of the event.
- Approved the baseball and softball tournament schedule for 2016.
- Approved the Planning Commission Report for June 2016 and the Treasurer’s Report for April 2016.
- Approved the appointment of Stan Burton to the Design Review Commission and both Matt Crenshaw and Ted Archdeacon to the Pension Board and to the Retirement Plan Committee.
- Approved the routine deletion of uncollectable property taxes, interest, penalties and associated costs from the City of Bartlett tax rolls.
- Approved amendments to multiple budgets — the FY2015-2016 General Purpose School Fund Budget, Education Capital Projects Fund Budget and Federal Funds Budget of the Bartlett City Board of Education.
- Passed a resolution authorizing the execution and delivery of a lease purchase agreement for the acquisition of computers for the Bartlett City School System and an agreement with the Bartlett City Board of Education for the payment of obligations under the lease purchase agreement. The board also approved a memorandum of understanding between the city and the school district to that effect.
See 151 pages of details about agenda items online at bit.ly/Bartlett-061616.