Book lovers: Time to line up for Bartlett sale
Friends of the Bartlett Library will conduct their annual used book sale April 13-17 at the Bartlett Station Municipal Center Banquet Hall adjacent to the library.
All types of books for all ages will be available, in addition to videos, audiobooks and music.
Prices range from 25¢ to $2; cash or check accepted. The proceeds help Friends support the Bartlett Library’s facilities and programs.
- Wednesday, April 13: Preview Sale for Friends members (people may join at the door), 4:30-7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 14: Book sale, noon-7 p.m.
- Friday, April 15: Book sale, noon-6 p.m.
- Saturday, April 16: Pay just $5 for a bag of books, noon-4 p.m.
- Sunday, April 17. Pay just $3 for a bag of books, 1:30-4 p.m.
Bartlett a la Carte to open doors April 17
The Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce (BACC) and the Northeast Shelby County Rotary Club will present Bartlett a la Carte 2016 on April 17. The event will be 5-7 p.m. at the Colonial Country Club, 2736 Countrywood Parkway, Cordova.
It features food, beverages and socializing with a silent auction. Youth Villages is the beneficiary.
Tickets are $45 each, $80 for couples or $400 for 10 tickets. For more information, contact Lisa Johnson at (901) 372-9457 or email her at email@example.com.
‘Shred It’ was a two-truck event
The Bartlett Police Department reported overwhelming turnout for this year’s “Shred It” event to safely discard personal papers.
First Citizens National Bank had to get a second truck, and “Shred It” filled that one too.