Universities and colleges have released the following information about area students’ honors.
- Jessica D. Brewer of Arlington has been named to the fall 2015 dean’s list at Samford University in Birmingham, Ala. To qualify for the dean’s list, a student must have earned a minimum 3.5 grade point average out of a possible 4.0 while attempting at least 12 credit hours of coursework. The dean’s list is the highest academic recognition given by the school at the end of each semester.
- Monica Dickerson of Arlington has been named to the 2015 fall dean’s list for Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate. To be placed on the dean’s list, the student must be a full-time undergraduate and have a 3.5 grade point average for the semester. Over 500 students earned the academic honor.
- Alexis Nicole Harshbarger of Cordova, the daughter of Clay V. Harshbarger, has been named to the fall 2015 dean’s list at the University of the South in Sewanee. To earn a place on Sewanee’s dean’s list, a student must earn a minimum grade point average of 3.625 on a 4.0 scale.
- Matthew Meyers of Bartlett has been named to the 2015 fall dean’s list for the University of Tennessee – Knoxville. Meyers, who graduated fifth in his class from Bartlett High School in 2015, achieved a 4.0 GPA during his first semester at UT. He is double majoring in retail consumer science and marketing with a minor in psychology.
- Morgan White of Lakeland has been named to the fall 2015 dean’s honor roll at Oklahoma City University. Dean’s honor roll status is awarded to students who successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours and maintain a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.