The Mid-South has plenty of trick-or-treat alternatives to enjoy this weekend.
Pick one or more and treat your family to the fall fun.
- Oct. 29, Trunk or Treat at St. Benedict at Auburndale High School on the school’s soccer field (8250 Varnavus Drive at Germantown Parkway in Cordova). Hours: 5:30-7:30 p.m. School clubs and organizations will be handing out treats to all the little “goblins” that come out. In addition, KIX – 106 will have a live remote at the event with KIX-106 personalities and prizes.
- Oct. 30, Halloween Family Fun Night at Bartlett Rec Center, 7700 Flaherty Place, Bartlett. Hours: 6-8 p.m.
- Oct. 31, Trunk R Treat at Whitten Baptist Church, 6773 Macon Road, Memphis. Hours: 6-8:30 p.m.
- Oct. 30, Trunk or Treat Friday at Ellendale Baptist Church, 3861 Broadway Road, Bartlett. Hours: 6-7:30 p.m. Attendees will get food, candy and fun with games. [Editor’s note: This listing has been corrected. Original story had the wrong date.]
- Oct. 31, Trunk or Treat hosted by Faith Baptist Church at the Buckhead Creek Recreation Complex,8300 Hwy. 70, Arlington. Hours: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Intended for children in grades pre-K through fifth.
- Oct. 31, Harvestfest at Still Waters Baptist Church, 2828 N. Reid Hooker Road, Eads. Hours: 6:30 p.m. – until. Includes a wiener and marshmallow road, trunk or treat, cakewalk and hayride (weather permitting). Organizers note that this will be a safe Christian environment without alcohol, tobacco, drugs or profanity. Attendees are asked NOT to use ghosts, witches, Dracula’s blood, etc. in their costumes.
- Oct. 31, Halloween Bash at Minglewood Hall, 1555 Madison Ave, Memphis. Benefits Transformations Autism Treatment Center in Bartlett. See details in our feature story.