Part of Memphis Arlington Road closed Friday
Starting at 8 a.m. Friday, the block of Memphis Arlington Road between Third and Broadway will close for a tree removal. It may be closed until 2 p.m., but there will be a detour down Third and Broadway.
Cordova haunt still the scariest? You decide!
Cordova’s Haunted Web of Horrors, voted the best in Memphis for eight years running, is open Thursday through Sunday for the next two weekends. Admission is $12-$26, and proceeds benefit Youth Villages of Memphis. Hours are 7-10 p.m. on weeknights and 7 p.m.-midnight on Friday and Saturday nights.
Churches plan family-friendly fall festivals
Churches planning fall events include:
- Heartsong Church, 2-5 p.m. Oct. 24 at the church, 800 North Houston Levee Road, Cordova.
- Crossroads Baptist Church, 3-6 p.m. Oct. 25, at the church, 125 S. Houston Levee Road, Eads.
- New Hope Christian Church’s Fallapalooza, Oct. 25.
Lakeland sets 2 fall events for this weekend
- The Halloween Festival hosted by the Lakeland’s Parks and Recreation Department will be 5-9 p.m. Oct. 24 at the Lakeland City Hall Fields.
- The Lakeland Family Fall Festival will be 2-5 p.m. Oct. 25 at the Delta Blues Winery, 6585 Stewart Road, Lakeland.
Candy buy-back through Nov. 12
Bartlett Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics is once again hosting a Halloween Candy Buy Back Oct. 19-Nov. 12. Participants earn $1 per pound of surrendered candy up to $10.
The business matches the money collected and donate the proceeds to the Ronald McDonald House. All candy is sent to U.S. troops.
The dental clinic’s location is 3071 Kirby Whitten Parkway, Memphis.