- Kathryn Craig of Arlington, has been awarded a scholarship from Tennessee Tech University’s art department in the College of Education at Cookeville. Craig is a senior fine arts-metals major. She received one of 10 Wind-gate Foundation scholarships and one of two Approach the Light Becky Anderson scholarships.
- Olivia Halvorson of Bartlett has been named a McNair Scholar Award recipient at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, S.C. The award is valued at $15,000 annually for four years. She is a graduate of Bolton High School in Arlington and is the daughter of Becky and Joel Halvorson of Bartlett.
- Ying X. Ouyang of Lakeland and Ryan K. Hunt of Bartlett were named to the 2015 spring honor roll at Rhodes College in Memphis. Ouyang is a graduate of Arlington High School., and Hunt is a graduate of Briarcrest Christian School. Eligible students must be enrolled in at least 16 credit hours of academic work and must achieve a semester grade point average of 3.85 or better.
- Cameron Decker Bowman of Bartlett was awarded Gold Stars by The Citadel in Charleston, S.C., for earning a grade point ratio of 3.7 or higher during the 2015 spring semester.
- Savannah Hensley McGahey of Cordova has been named to the president’s list for the 2015 spring semester at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Miss. Eligible students earned a 4.0 grade point average (all As).
- Tanner Maxwell Karp of Lakeland, a chemical engineering major, has been named to the spring 2015 dean’s list at Clemson University in Clemson, S.C. Eligible students must have a grade-point average between 3.50 and 3.99 on a 4.0 scale.
- Johnathan Murphy, Kristen Reynolds and Jimmie Walker, all of Bartlett, were named to the 2015 spring honor roll at Bethel University in McKenzie. Eligible students must have completed 12 or more hours of academic work with an average of 3.70 or above with no grade below a “C.”
Three area students were honored at the annual athletic awards banquets at Dyersburg State Community College.
- Austin Looker of Lakeland received the baseball team’s Best Hitter Award and an academic achievement certificate for earning a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- D’vennio Warner of Cordova, also on the baseball team, received an academic achievement certificate.
- Kayla Bolden of Bartlett, a member of the women’s basketball team, also received an academic achievement certificate.