Lakeland Senior Center asks for patio furniture
The Lakeland Senior Center is asking Mid-South residents for donations of patio furniture or cash.
The coordinator for the donation project is Alison Ely; contact her at (901) 386-8650. People donating items are asked to contact the center first so donations can be coordinated. Donors can also call Marilyn Parker, Senior Center Manager, if you have any questions, (901) 746-8195.
The center is at 4527 Canada Road (next to the I.H. Clubhouse) in Lakeland.
Senior Center’s wish list
Items requested include:
- A $99 oblong table from At Home on Summer Avenue (formerly Garden Ridge
- Eight side chairs (at least four of the same style); $35-40 per chair at Target or At Home
- Two benches, $130 each from At Home
Editor’s note: Hover your cursor over each image to see the caption with pricing and location.
Lifeblood lists Bartlett blood drives for April
Lifeblood has listed the remaining mobile blood drives that are open to the public for April in Bartlett. For details or to find other local blood drives, call 1-888-LIFEBLOOD.
- April 26: 3-7 p.m. at Oliver Creek Church of Christ, 8313 U.S. 70/Summer Ave., Bartlett.
- April 28: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Vatterott – Appling Farms, 6991 Appling Farms Parkway, Bartlett
Bartlett Road to close temporarily for construction
Beginning May 4, Bartlett Road between Stage and Bartlett Blvd will be closed to all traffic in preparation for the construction of a new bridge on Bartlett Road over Harrington Creek.
Barricades and traffic detour signs will be installed to direct traffic around the construction site. Drivers are advised to use caution as they travel along the detour route.
- To access Bartlett Road and Ferguson Road: Traffic going north on Bartlett Blvd will need to continue north to Stage Road, turn left (west) and continue on Stage Road, turn left (south) on Bartlett Road and use the temporary bypass to Ferguson Road.
- To access Bartlett Boulevard South: Traffic going east on Ferguson Road will need to use the temporary bypass, go left (north) on Bartlett Road to Stage Road, turn right (east) then continue east on Stage Road to Bartlett Blvd, turn right (south).
- Cut-through traffic: All traffic that routinely uses Bartlett Road as a cut through from Bartlett Blvd to Stage Road will have to use the detour route, follow the signs, as this section of Bartlett Road will be closed to all traffic during the bridge construction period.
- No change: Access will be maintained to the Veterans Memorial parking lot by using Bartlett Road off of Bartlett Blvd.
Construction should be completed by Nov. 30.
Lakeland plans spring cleaning
The City of Lakeland invites residents and local business owners to join members of Keep Lak-eland Beautiful during the Great American Clean-up.
Keep Lakeland Beautiful will focus on three areas within the city to improve, beginning with IH Clubhouse, 4523 Canada Road, on May 2. On May 9, teams will concentrate on cleaning up Huff N Puff Road, picking up trash. The final cleanup campaign will be May 16 at Zadie E. Kuehl Memorial Park, 3065 Yukon Dr.
Details: Contact Rhonda Fink at (901) 867-5409 or email email@example.com.