June 9 is when the 21st Hot Rod Power Tour comes to the Memphis International Raceway. The event is a seven-day, seven-city journey of high-end cars traveling more than 1,000 miles from Madison, Wis., to Baton Rouge, La., from June 6 through June 12.
Features at each stop on the tour include:
- A colorful midway of mobile display rigs from more than 50 performance manufacturers and aftermarket specialists, so attendees can view the latest innovations and get expert advice
- Autograph sessions with motorsports celebrities
- Entertainment, celebrities, games, and dozens of giveaways daily on the main stage
- Drag Strip Fun Runs at Gateway Motorsports Park and Memphis International Raceway
- A spin on the Autocross (details still under development)
Presented by Chevrolet Performance and driven by Continental Tire, the tour brings performance car lovers together with Hot Rod editors and photographers. More than 5,800 participants and upward of 100,000 spectators are expected to celebrate as the event welcomes all makes and models of hot rods, street rods, custom trucks, muscle cars, and performance machines of every vintage and nameplate.”
How to participate
The Hot Rod Power Tour is free for spectators.
People who wish to participate can register a vehicle for just one day or for the entire event. Vehicle registration is open to any year, make or model. Pre-registration is available online at online at hotrod.com through May 23. Costs are:
- Single-day preregistration: $45
- Single-day on-site registration: $55
- Multi-day preregistration: $99
- Multi-day on-site registration: $125
In the greater Memphis area, the event will be at the Memphis International Raceway (5500 Victory Lane, Millington).
Painless Performance Products will continue its long tradition of sponsoring the kickoff cruise night. After the June 6 kickoff in Madison, the tour stops will include:
- Sunday, June 7: Parkland College in Champaign, Ill
- Monday, June 8: Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill. (Sponsored by Holley Performance Products)
- Tuesday, June 9: Memphis International Raceway in Memphis, Tenn. (Sponsored by Comp Cams)
- Wednesday, June 10: Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Ala., near Birmingham
- Thursday, June 11: Centennial Plaza in Gulfport, Miss.
- Friday, June 12: Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, La., near Baton Rouge. (Sponsored by MSD Performance)
- Saturday, June 13: A private ceremony only for “Long Haulers” (those who do the complete tour), to be held on Saturday morning, June 13, at Lamar Dixon Expo Center
“Power Tour started way back in 1995 as a simple event for Hot Rod editors, and it’s been stunning to watch it grow into the single largest road trip in the world,” said David Freiburger, senior vice president of content strategy for The Enthusiast Network (TEN). “So big, in fact, that last year’s event showed us that we needed even bigger venues and even more entertainment for the participants. Our 21st tour will be better than ever.”
Hot Rod is an iconic American magazine founded in 1948. Today, the Hot Rod Network includes Car Craft, Circle Track, Classic Trucks, Engine Masters, Hot Rod, Hot Rod Deluxe, Mopar Muscle, Muscle Car Review, and Street Rodder print and digital magazines; the hotrod.com website; the two largest events of their kind, the Hot Rod Power Tour and Hot Rod Drag Week; and two monthly YouTube shows, Roadkill (averaging 1-million-plus views per episode), and the new Hot Rod Garage. For more information, visit hotrod.com or read more at facebook.com/hotrodmag or Twitter.com (@hotrodmagazine). People also may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 363-4231.
TEN is a network of enthusiast brands, such as Motor Trend, Automobile, Hot Rod, Surfer, Transworld and GrindTV. It has more than 50 publications, 60 websites, 50 events, 1,000 branded products, the world’s largest automotive video on demand (VOD) channel, and the world’s largest action/adventure sports media platform. Fore more information, visit enthusiastnetwork.com.