Media stars, a mayor and other prominent community leaders are coming together for the event, modeled after the popular television show, “Dancing With the Stars.” Seasoned dancers will pair with community leader celebrities for a competition to benefit The Baddour Center, a residential community in Senatobia, Miss., for adults with intellectual disabilities.
Dinner and drinks will be at 6 p.m. with the program beginning at 7 p.m.
Voting is open at dancingforourstars.com for $1 per vote, and voting will also take place at the event. Dance duos will be:
- Joe Birch of WMC-TV with Paula Wyatt
- Kendall Kirkham of WMC-TV with Jim Frommel
- Hernando, Miss. Mayor Chip Johnson with Cat Woods
- Jim Eikner of WKNO with Jane Riggen
- John Woods of First Choice Catering with Jill Morris
- Katharine Klunk of Varsity Spirit with Benji Smith of DanceSmiths Ballroom Dance Studio in Bartlett
- Michelle Barker Ford of The Cleaning Crew in Hernando with Ed Preston, and
- Bill Haley, formerly of The Baddour Center, with Judy Cole
Tickets are $50 per person or $450 for a table of 10 and may be purchased at www.dancingforourstars.com or by calling Ruth Ann Hale at (662) 366-6929. For more information about the center, visit baddour.org.