Bartlett honored its military veterans at a Nov. 11 ceremony in Veterans Park. The event is now in its ninth year.
The program included:
- Posting of the colors: Bartlett Police Department Honor Guard
- Pledge of Allegiance: Steve Sims, Vietnam veteran (Army) and Commander of American Legion Post 249
- Prayer: Pastor Walter Peggs, U.S. Air Force
- Welcome: David Horne
- “Roll Call”: An original poem read by Jeff Meece, author
- Guest speaker: Rep. Stephen Fincher
- Appling Middle School Band: Armed Forces Melody
- Closing remarks: Bartlett mayor Keith McDonald
- “God Bless America”: Cheryelle Crane
- Laying of the wreath: McDonald and Henry Boyd, WWII veteran
- “Taps”: Royce Box, Vietnam veteran (Marines)
- Retiring of the Colors
Attendees included the Bartlett mayor and aldermen, Rep. Jim Coley, Rep. Ron Lollar, veterans and families.