Bartlett Police reports for July 13-20, 2014
The Bartlett Police Department (BPD) reported the following incidents for July 13-20.
All suspects are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty, and values are estimated for thefts and damages. These are brief summaries of more detailed reports.
- Devine Street (theft): Responded to Devine Street on June 14 regarding a theft. The complainant said someone stole his license plate between 8 p.m. June 13 and 8:15 a.m. June 14, while his truck was parked in front of his residence.
- Wells Grove Cove (theft): Responded at 3:50 p.m. June 14 to Wells Grove Cove regarding a gun theft. The victim said he last saw his Biretta Model 90TW0 on June 7 and discovered it was missing on June 9. Three movers had access to the firearm during the move. The stolen firearm was entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database.
- Appling Road (animal bite): Responded around 9:25 p.m. on June 15 to the baseball fields (3700 Appling Road) regarding an animal bite. The victim, 11, said she was running by the concession stand and came near a large white dog that jumped up and bit her on her right side, tearing her shirt. The officer photographed the bite mark. The animal owner said the girl bumped her three-year-old Great Pyrenees, “Buffalo,” causing him to react. The dog had all of his vaccinations up to date.
- South lake Oaks (theft): Responded around 10:24 a.m. on June 16 to a victim who said someone stole a powerhorse generator from his backyard shed. He normally keeps the structure locked but forgot to secure it recently. The theft happened between the night of June 14 and morning of June 15.
- Tylertown (theft from auto): Responded at 8:56 a.m. on June 17 to Tylertown regarding a theft from an unlocked auto parked in the victim’s driveway. The victim said he put his wallet on his car’s passenger seat around 6 p.m. on June 16 and forgot to retrieve it. He noticed it was gone the next morning around 7:50 a.m.
- Bartlett Boulevard (vandalism): Responded around 8:15 a.m. on June 18 to the 2600 block of Bartlett Boulevard regarding vandalism in the men’s room closest to the baseball fields. The complainant said someone broke into the building over the weekend, broke the door closer on the top of the men’s room door ($100) and ripped a sink off the wall in the men’s room ($500), shattering it on the floor.
- Blackwell Street (vandalism): Responded at 12:44 p.m. on July 18 to Blackwell Street regarding vandalism.The victim said someone broke in and spray-painted graffiti on the kitchen floor and on the walls of the family room, den and all three bedrooms. The suspect also damaged the thermostat in the family room, put a hole in the hallway wall and removed the attic ceiling door from its hinges. Total estimated damages were $5,000. The vandalism occurred between 5 p.m. June 17 and 12:30 p.m. June 18.
- Abington Woods (vandalism): Responded at 11:21 a.m. on June 20 to Abington Woods regarding vandalism. The victim said sometime between 11 p.m. June 19 and 10 a.m. June 20, someone gouged deep scratches on the passenger side of the vehicle, sprayed it with Silly String and threw several eggs on the hood. The suspect gained access by entering the victim’s driveway and walking behind an open gate.