Bartlett Police reports for July 7-12, 2014
The Bartlett Police Department (BPD) reported the following incidents for July 7-12. (Editor’s note: All suspects are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty, and values are estimated for stolen/damaged items. These are brief summaries of more detailed BPD reports.)
- Third Road (theft from coin machine/ device): Responded at 6:30 a.m. on July 7 to the 7200 block of Third Road regarding a reported theft from a soft-drink machine. Someone pried open a Coke machine in the gymnasium’s entryway and stole all its money. The incident happened between 5 p.m. July 5 and 6:30 a.m. July 7. The complainant said the gym doors were locked when he arrived.
- Coral Hill (burglary): Responded around 7:24 p.m. July 7 to Coral Hill drive regarding a burglary. The victim said someone broke into his home over the weekend and stole a jar of coins, a backpack containing five one-ounce silver bars, an iPad Air and an iPhone. The victim discovered the thefts that Sunday after he noticed the side door was unlocked.
- Shelby and North (multiple auto burglaries): Responded around 6 a.m. July 8 to the area of Shelby and North regarding one motor vehicle theft, and several additional auto burglaries were then discovered in the area.
- Davies Manor (vehicle vandalism): Responded around 12:23 p.m. on July 8 to Davies Manor regarding a reported vandalism. Someone broke out the rear window of the victim’s Ford Explorer between 11 p.m. July 7 and 6 a.m. July 8. The victim said nothing inside the vehicle appeared to have been tampered with or stolen.
- Old Brownsville Road (burglary): Responded around 2:06 p.m. July 8 to Old Brownsville Road regarding a burglary complaint. The victim said someone took a pair of chairs ($200) from the front porch, tampered with a back door lock, and then dumped and ransacked boxes throughout the house. Items stolen included three porcelain dolls, three paintings, a Bavarian tea set ($500), about 20 collectible plates ($400), and various hand and power tools ($500).
- Countryhill: Responded around 2:59 p.m. on July 8 to Countryhill regarding a complaint of harassment/ intimidation. The victim said he’s going through a civil dispute with other people about some property they think he has. He said they have repeatedly called him and come to his house over the past several weeks. The victim said he wanted to prevent future contact by any means. The responding officer told both sides to stay away from each other and advised them to handle the dispute in civil court.
- Altruria Road (burglary): Responded around 9:52 p.m. on July 10 to Altruria Road regarding a burglary complaint. The victim said someone broke her home’s rear sliding glass door and stole two TVs between noon and 5:30 p.m. July 10.
- Jills Creek (vandalism): Responded around 4:13 p.m. July 12 to Jills Creek regarding a vandalism complaint. The victim said someone drew words onto his mother’s garage door sometime overnight. The estimated damage was $50. The complainant said the chalk probably would come off with the use of a household cleaner.