- Bartlett’s “Star Spangled Fireworks Extravaganza” will celebrate the nation’s birth at the Bobby K. Flaherty Municipal Center (U.S. 70 and Appling Road) on July 3. Music starts at 6:30 with fireworks at 9:30. See our related story for details on all events.
Lakeland children to march in city’s July 4 parade
- All Lakeland children and their parents, are invited to decorate a bicycle, wagon or their favorite float to participate in the 18th Annual Children’s Independence Day Parade on July 4, starting at 10 a.m. in front of 9677 Cutter Lane and ending with refreshments for all. See our related story for details.
Cities announce July 4 closures
- Bartlett city offices, recreation center and library will be closed on Friday, July 4. Trash pickup will be delayed one day, with Friday pickup occuring on Saturday. The Bartlett Recreation Center will close at 4 p.m. on July 3 in preparation for the city’s fireworks that evening.
- Arlington City Hall will be closed on July 4. The town’s Friday trash pickups will be delayed until the next day, and recycling will be on Saturday.
- Lakeland’s city hall and senior center also will be closed on Friday. There will be no trash service on July 4, but it will resume the next day.