The Bartlett Police Department reported the following incidents for June 16-22, 2014. (Editor’s note: Suspects are presumed innocent until found guilty; the values of all stolen/damaged items are estimated.)
- Bartlett Heights Cove: Responded to the 6100 block of Bartlett Heights Cove around 6:24 p.m. on June 16 regarding an auto burglary. The victim said someone had broken into his work vehicle sometime between 10:30 p.m. June 15 and around 6 a.m. on June 16. He noticed the passenger side window was broken out that morning. The responding officer saw the vehicle’s shattered window and broken glass on the street where the vehicle had been parked. The vehicle belonged to Hiller Plumbing, which has been listed as a victim in the report. The complainant stated the only items stolen were a TomTom GPS ($100), one unknown brand of multi plug ($20) and his checkbook.
- Loomis: Responded around 8:27 a.m. on June 17 to Loomis regarding a victim holding an intruder at gunpoint. The suspect entered the home by prying on a locked bedroom door off the home’s attached garage. The victim heard someone in the house, grabbed his firearm and found the suspect hiding behind the bed in a back room off the garage. The responding officer took the suspect into custody without incident.
- Appling: Responded at 10:04 a.m. on June 18 to 3730 Appling (jail lobby) regarding a theft report. The victim said someone stole a Torker Boardwalk touring bike ($200) from his garage between noon June 16 and 6 p.m. June 17.
- Richland Lake Drive: Responded around 10:15 a.m. on June 20 to Richland Lake Drive regarding the theft of two Goodman air conditioning units from the exterior of a house under construction. The theft occurred between 3:30 p.m. on June 19 and 7:30 a.m. on June 20. The units were delivered and installed around 1 p.m. on June 19.
- Tennessee 64: Responded around 9:50 p.m. on June 20 to 3730 Appling Road (police headquarters) regarding a theft report. The victim said someone stole her wallet from her purse while she was shopping at Walmart (8400 Tennessee 64) between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. that day. She entered through the grocery side entrance and sat her purse in the shopping cart. The victim didn’t notice the wallet was missing until she was at the cash register.
- Appling Road: Responded to 3730 Appling Road (police headquarters) around 10:45 a.m. on June 21 regarding a theft report. The victim and his wife said someone broke into his home while the couple were vacationing in Italy, June 9-19. Items stolen included a Remington shotgun, a six-shot black powder revolver and a Longines 18k gold watch, a Jaguar silver watch and a Puegot silver watch.
- Bartlett Boulevard: Responded around 1:10 p.m. on June 22 to W.J. Freeman Park (2629 Bartlett Boulevard) regarding an auto burglary. The victim said someone stole her purse from her locked white Ford Escape at the park sometime between approximately 12:30 p.m. and 1:05 p.m. that day. The purse was a dark brown and light brown Michael Kors purse ($200) stowed in the rear cargo compartment. The officer also noticed that the driver’s side door lock appeared to have been punched out ($100). Someone used the victim’s debit card at an Exxon gas station at 12:59 p.m. that day. The amount of the charge and the station’s location were not known at the time of the report.