Collegiate Corner for June 19, 2014
Recent graduates include:
- Charita L. Atkins of Bartlett was one of the 630 students who received degrees on May 17 from Union University in Jackson, Tenn. She graduated with a Master of Arts in Education degree in education.
Recent honorees include:
- Rebecca DeRidder of Bartlett has been named to the Spring 2014 Dean’s list at Hannibal-LaGrange University in Hannibal, Mo. To qualify for the Dean’s List, the student must maintain a grade point average of 3.5 or higher while carrying a minimum class load of 12 hours.
- Edgar Guerin of Bartlett has been named to the Spring 2014 Dean’s List at Belmont University in Nashville. Eligibility is based on a minimum course load of 12 hours and a quality grade point average of 3.5 with no grade below a C. Approximately 30 percent of Belmont’s student body qualified for the Spring 2014 Dean’s List.
- Allie Smith of Bartlett has been named to the Spring 2014 Dean’s List at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tenn. Honorees must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher while taking 12 or more credit hours.
- Hanna Colleen Smyth of Arlington has been named to the Spring 2014 President’s List at King University in Bristol, Tenn. The King University President’s List recognizes students who take at least 12 hours of academic work and achieve a perfect 4.0 semester grade point average.
- Christina Thomas of Arlington has been named to the Spring 2014 Dean’s List at Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, Mo. Students named to the list earned at least a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale and completed at least 12 degree credit hours during the spring session.