Bartlett made the cut to appear in the June 2 NerdWallet.com list of best small cities to call home. It appears on the list at No. 18.
NerdWallet turned the spotlight on America’s vibrant small cities — communities that are not only thriving economically, but also are places that provide an affordable lifestyle for residents. These are some of the best places to live, with the vitality and growth of big cities combined with affordability and income equality.
Following are the factors considered in the analysis and how the city of Bartlett ranked in each category:
- Population growth 2009-2012: 17.1%
- Income growth 2009-2012: -9.1%
- Change in poverty rates: -1.4%
- Yearly homeowner costs/median income for workers: 0.5
- 2012 percentage of population with health insurance coverage: 92.8%
- 2012 percentage of population below poverty level: 2.3%
- Overall small city score: 78.8
Collierville made the same list, ranking No. 17.