Food bank to give USDA commodities June 2-6
Mid-South Food Bank has announced that U.S. Department of Agriculture commodities will be distributed to eligible area residents for Memphis and Shelby County on June 2-6.
Monday, June 2
- For people in ZIP code 38108: 8:12 a.m. at Corinthian MB Church, 2291 Chelsea Avenue, Memphis.
- For people in ZIP code 38122: 11:05 a.m. at Gaisman Park Community Center, 4221 Macon Road, Memphis.
Tuesday, June 3
For people in ZIP codes 38111 and 38112: 9:48 a.m. at Scott Center of United Methodist Neighborhood Centers of Memphis, Inc., 3000 Walnut Grove, Memphis.
Wednesday, June 4
- For people in ZIP code 38106: 11:30 a.m. at New Allen AME Church, 1559 South Third St., Memphis.
- For people in ZIP codes 38133, 38134, 38135, 38138 and 38139: 8:23 a.m. at Oak Grove Baptist Church, 7317 Highway 64, Memphis.
Thursday, June 5
- For people in ZIP codes 38115, 38117, 38119, 38120, 38125 and 38141: 9:27 a.m. at The Church of Christ at White Station, 1106 Colonial Road, Memphis.
- For people in ZIP code 38114: 12:30 p.m. at Monument of Love Baptist Church, 2639 Lamar Avenue, Memphis
Friday, June 6
- No distribution.
All commodities will be distributed at all locations from start time until completion of distribution.
People whose ZIP codes are not listed can call (901) 527-0841 for more information.
2014 Commodity Card Registration Schedule
- 9 a.m.-noon Tuesday, June 3: United Methodist Neighborhood Center-Scott Pantry, 3000 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis.
Eligibility will be based on all household income not in excess of the State-established maximum percentage of the poverty line for the appropriate household size. Also, anyone receiving aid from one of the following programs is eligible for USDA commodities: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly known as Food Stamps), Families First, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or documented residence in public housing. All documents must be current for fiscal year 2014.