Bartlett Police reports for May 12-18, 2014
The Bartlett Police Department reported the following incidents for May 12-18.
- Barrentine: Responded on May 12 to a reported residential burglary on Barrentine. The witness said he saw an u nknown black man leaving his neighbor’s home, carrying what appeared to be a TV under his arm. Then the suspect saw him and ran around the house to the car parked in the driveway. He sped away in a silver mid-sized Toyota. The officer saw that the front door to the neighbor’s house had been forced open.
- Explorer Road: Responded on May 13 to Explorer Road regarding a reported theft from a motor vehicle. The victim said that someone stole items from her vehicle parked on the street in front of her home sometime between midnight and 10 a.m. on May 13.The rear driver’s side door was left unlocked and approximately 40 music CDs in a polka-dotted teal green CD case were stolen.
- Tickle Drive: Responded on May 13 to Tickle Drive regarding a reported auto burglary. The victim said an unknown person burglarized her van between 10 p.m. May 12 and 5 a.m. May 13. The van had been parked in front of her home. The victim said the lock on the rear driver’s side sliding door had not been functioning properly and it was left unlocked overnight. The only item reported stolen was a 32-inch Vizio television, valued at $380.
- Ballard Drive: Responded on May 15 to Ballard Drive regarding a reported theft of a dishwasher. The victim said someone took a Whirlpool dishwasher ($315) from his newly built home. He said the dishwasher was last seen in the home at 3 p.m. on May 12, and he discovered it missing at 2:30 p.m. on May 15. He also said that the locked garage door was found to be off track, and he believes that this was the point of entry.
- Earlyn: Responded at 6:50 p.m. on May 15 to Earlyn regarding a report of attempted theft from motor vehicle. The victim said that the small triangular window on the driver’s side of her Mazda 3 was broken with a piece of asphalt between 2 a.m. May 13 and 6:30 p.m. May 14. Everything in the car had been moved and rifled through, but nothing appeared missing.
- Appling: Responded around 9:55 a.m. on May 15 to the 3700 block of Appling regarding a reported theft. The victim said someone stole his Northshore 16-foot double axle utility trailer, which was parked on the side of his home. The theft occurred between 10 p.m. May 5 and 6 a.m. May 6. The trailer has a wooden floor and built-in rails. The total value of the trailer is $800.
- U.S. 64: Responded at 6:55 p.m. on May 16 to Abuelos on U.S. 64 regarding a reported theft from a motor vehicle. The victim said someone broke into his Chevy Silverado in the Abuelos parking lot. The driver’s side front window was broken, and the radio was stolen from the center console. No other items were taken from the vehicle.
- Marbry Drive: Responded around 11:03 a.m. on May 17 to Marbry Drive regarding a reported auto burglary. The complainant said he noticed the burglary when he went outside to his vehicle around 10:45 a.m. The only item stolen was his Pioneer Avic 4300 radio/DVD player (valued at $500). The victim said he always locks the doors.
- Flowering Tree Drive: Responded around 12:42 p.m. on May 17 to Flowering Tree Drive regarding a reported auto burglary. The victim said he went out to his vehicle around noon and noticed the door locks (valued at $400) had been punched in. The responding officer confirmed the damage and noticed that the lock on the driver’s side was almost completely pulled out. The suspects were not able to enter the vehicle.