Bartlett Police reports for April 7-13, 2014
- Sycamore Hill: Responded on April 7 to Sycamore Hill regarding a reported theft of a motor vehicle accessory. The victim said the 2015 decal was stolen from her Nissan. The time frame and location of the theft was unknown.
- E. Hidden Fern: Responded on April 8 to East Hidden Fern regarding a reported burglary. The complainant said that some items were taken from his unlocked backyard shed between 9 p.m. April 7 and 6 a.m. April 8. The responding officer determined that the unknown suspect entered via an unlocked gate. Stolen items include a Ryobi gas weed eater and a chain saw attachment.
- U.S. 70: Responded at 10:54 a.m. on April 8 to 8036 U.S. 70 (Compass Self Storage) regarding reported vandalism. The complainant said someone tried to drive through the front chain-linked fence sometime between 9:30 a.m. April 7 and 10:50 a.m. April 8. The complainant also said that on Feb. 10 someone drove through a locked side gate and stole a trailer from the property.
- Memphis Arlington Road: Responded at 3:36 p.m. on April 8 to Billy Maher regarding a reported vandalism at another location. Complainant said that someone made two long scratches (approximately four feet long) through the pain on the right rear fender of his Kia sometime between 6:15 a.m. and 2:40 p.m. on March 31. The complainant said the damage happened while the vehicle was parked on Memphis Arlington Road at Youth Villages.
- Garner Place: Responded at 10:33 a.m. on April 9 to a reported non-residential burglary at Garner Place. The victim said someone entered his unlocked detached garage at the back of his property sometime between 9 p.m. April 8 and 7 a.m. April 9. Items stolen include a hedger, trimmer, two chainsaws and a backpack blower (total estimated value $1,845).
- Garner Place: Responded at 10:33 a.m. on April 9 to a second reported non-residential burglary at Garner Place. The victim said that someone entered his unlocked shed at the back of his property sometime between 9 p.m. April 8 and 7 a.m. April 9 and stole two chainsaws and an edger (total estimated value $550).
- Baudette: Responded around 6:30 p.m. on April 9 to Baudette regarding a reported burglary of a storage shed. The victim said he let his dogs out of the house into the backyard around 5 p.m. Several minutes later, he noticed the dogs were missing from the yard and the east gate was open. He saw that the front door to his storage shed was not completely closed. He found that his straight shaft Echo weedeater valued at approximately $300 was missing.
- Old Brownsville: Responded around 3:34 p.m. on April 10 to a reported theft on Old Brownsville. The victim said various metal goods were stolen from his yard between April 6 and April 9, when he was backing his truck into the driveway and noticed the metal was missing. Items stolen included approximately $3,800 worth of miscellaneous scrap metal; a red box blade with part of the mounting broken, valued at $300; 6x5 scaffolding valued at approximately $1,000; and 6x6 metal fencing valued at approximately $1,000. The total value of items stolen is approximately $6,100.
- Altruria: Responded at 2:55 p.m. on April 12 to 2975 Altruria (Municipal Park) regarding a reported auto burglary. The complainant said that someone broke his Honda’s front passenger window sometime between 1:45 p.m. and 2:40 p.m. that day. The victim said her small brown purse ($10) was stolen from under the passenger seat.
- Rabbit Den Cove: Responded around 6:24 p.m. on April 12 to Rabbit Den Cove, regarding reported vandalism. The victim said he came home and found his shutter broken, and he believed it was either pulled off or blown off by the wind. He said he wanted to report the incident.