In back-to-back meetings of the Arlington Beer Board and the city board Monday night, Arlington’s leaders levied fines for minor alcohol sales and also approved measures to expand and manage the city’s facilities.
The city board voted to apply for a Local Parks and Recreation Funds Grant (LPRF) for recreational fields on 16 acres of the 25-acre parcel on Forrest Street. The approval included funding a $250,000 matching grant if the application is approved.
The board also:
- Adopted a Facility Provider Policy for the city’s new Safe Room.
- Approved applying to participate in the Tennessee Downtown Programs.
- Had the first reading of a proposed budget amendment for the fiscal year ending June 30.
The Beer Board levied four fines for underage sales of alcohol in lieu of suspending any of the businesses’ beer licenses:
- Gametime Sports Grill, 11695 U.S. 70, Suite 101. First violation, $1,000 fine.
- Vinegar Jim’s, 12062 Forrest Street. First violation, $1,000 fine.
- Arlington Market & Deli, 11017 U.S. 70. First violation, $1,000 fine.
- Forty Airline (Airline Shell), 5055 Airline Road. Second violation, $2,500 fine.
Written by Carolyn Bahm, editor. Contact her at (901) 433-9138 or email@example.com.