Business Expo draws nearly 1,200 visitors
Organizers deem this year's Bartlett Business Expo on March 6 to be a smashing success with approximately 1,200 attendees and 86 vendors displaying their wares and services at the Bartlett Recreation Center.
The Expo is a great community-building event and is a positive activity for the Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce (BACC), said Krista Antonuk, BACC director of marketing and communications. The Expo lets the chamber support members and also helps to raise funds for BACC's activities.
The crowds are a testament to how Bartlett-area shoppers love the event's conversations and the browsing.
"Bartlett is just such a tight-knit community — they just like doing business with Bartlett," Antonuk said.
Expo exhibitors had similar positive experiences.
"All of the vendors I spoke with said they really thought they got a lot out of the event," Antonuk said. "They loved talking with the people who came out, as well as the other vendors."
The Expo, hosted by the chamber with help from sponsors, gave out prizes, goodies at booths, and multiple grand prizes. The big prizes netted more than 500 entries, and winners are listed below:
- Two-night stay at the Holiday Inn New Orleans Superdome (courtesy of Travel Leaders): Won by Deb Dedrick
- Two-night "Remember Romance" stay at Gaylord Opryland (courtesy of The Commercial Appeal/Bartlett Weekly): Won by Hal Kravig
- "Staycation": A One-night stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Memphis - Wolfchase, with breakfast for two at Kem's Restaurant, a $50 Gift Certificate to Bruno's Restaurant, and an hour of bowling for up to six people in the VIB Lounge at Andy B's Bartlett (courtesy of those three participating businesses): Won by Murph Carver
- "Mini Staycation": A one-night stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Memphis - Wolfchase with breakfast for two at Kem's Restaurant and two tickets to Malco Theaters (courtesy of those two businesses): Won by Sara Lokhandwala
Vendors went all out with booth decorations, contests and giveaways to draw potential customers in for a friendly chat. Winners in the Expo's judging included:
- Best Booth — Judges' choice: Bartlett Station Farmers Market (Kim Dyer)
- Best Booth — Attendees' choice: Sonic (Scott Brown)
- Exhibitor Door Prize — One-night stay at Holiday Inn & Suites - Memphis Wolfchase and two movie tickets to Malco Theaters: Travel Leaders
Written by Carolyn Bahm, Express editor. She can be reached at (901) 433-9138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.