Planning sessions can cut college costs 60%
Shelby County, Tenn. — Mid-South students and their parents can participate in a free college and career planning event in their local area that can help cut college costs up to 60 percent and provide valuable step-by- step insight on college preparation at several locations around the county.
Local high school students and parents are invited to attend one of the events to be held at various locations Feb. 25 - March 29. Events are being hosted by Directions, a college planning resource.
“The purpose is to educate you and your child on how to get the most money for college and to find the right “fit” for college,” said Erin Dickson, Directions mentor and college counselor.
“Starting early, knowing the rules and observing the deadlines are some of the most important factors in obtaining college funding and most student and parents are not sure how to begin that process,” added Dickson.
The first 20 attendees who RSVP and attend one of the events will receive a “Money for College” e-book. For additional information or to reserve your spot and view upcoming local events visit www.midsouthcollegeplanning.com or call (901) 290-8985.
Dates and locations for the events are as follows:
- 6-8 p.m. Feb. 25, Days Inn and Suites, Collierville
- 6-8 p.m. Feb. 27, Olive Branch Library
- 10 a.m.-noon, March 1, Collierville Library
- 2-4 p.m. March 1, Comfort Suites, 6921 Parkwood, Olive Branch
- 6-8 p.m. March 3, The Refuge, 9817 Huff N Puff, Lakeland
- 6-8 p.m. March 4, Holiday Inn at University of Memphis
- 10 a.m.-noon March 8, Holiday Inn at University of Memphis
- 1-3 p.m. March 8, Sam T. Wilson Library, Arlington
- 6-8 p.m. March 13, Baker Community Center, Millington
- 10 a.m.-noon March 15, Comfort Inn and Suites, 10772 U.S. 51 S., Atoka
- 6-8 p.m. March 18, Bartlett Performing Arts and Conference Center, Bartlett
- 6-8 p.m. March 20, Evangelical Christian School (ECS) at Forest Hill-Irene Road, Germantown