At a Glance for Feb. 20, 2014
Jeans and Jazz fashion show set for Feb. 22
St. Benedict at Auburndale is hosting a Jeans and Jazz Fashion Show at 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 22 in the SBA Dining Hall.
The event is $25 per person, and reservations can be made by calling (901) 260-2892 or going online to sbaeagles.org/fashionshow.
Bartlett UMC requests donated items for auction
The Discovery Class of the Bartlett United Methodist Church will hold its annual silent auction on April 23, but work begins sooner. Members are currently asking businesses and individuals to donate items to be auctioned.
The event supports mission projects, including:
- Horton Community Computer Lab and Meals (near Summer and Germantown Parkway)
- Meals/soup kitchens (Moriah House, St. John’s, and Church without Doors)
- Medical/construction mission trips or financial help to India, Mexico, Alaska and other places
- The Food Bank / Thanksgiving baskets / Jacob’s Well
- Fellowship of Christian Athlete’s Camp
- Operation Christmas Child (shoe-boxed Christmas gifts)
- Funding for a college scholarship for a Bartlett United Methodist youth, based on his/her mission work
- New Hope Christian Academy (for underprivileged elementary children)
- Appalacian Service Project (ASP, which involves youths traveling to economically distressed areas of the Appalachian Mountains to help repair or construct housing)
The event includes an opportunity for donor businesses to display business cards and be included in information handed out to attendees. For more information, contact Brenda Shelton at (901) 494-9321 or (901) 377-1029.