The Bartlett Police Department reported the following activities for the period of Jan. 20-26:
- Simply the Best Cleaners: While on routine patrol around 2:02 a.m. on Jan. 20, the officer observed a shattered glass sliding door at Simply the Best Cleaners. Officers cleared the building and did not find any suspects. The cleaners recently went out of business, and Loeb Properties currently owns the building. Officers contacted a Loeb employee who came to the scene. Damages for the door are estimated at $500.
- Thistle Valley Lane: Responded at 2:53 p.m. on Jan. 20 to theft complaint on Thistle Valley Lane. Victim reported the following items stolen from unlocked backyard shed: a STIHL Backpack blower ($300), a five-gallon gas can with fuel inside ($7), and an ECHO Grass Trimmer/Brush Cutter ($230). He said he had last seen the items around 6 p.m. on Jan. 6 and discovered they were missing around 2 p.m. on Jan. 20.
- August Drive: Responded to burglary complaint at 7:10 a.m. on Jan. 21 on August Drive. Victim said that the following items were taken from her unlocked backyard shed between 5:30 p.m. Jan. 20 and 5:30 a.m. on Jan. 21: a backpack blower ($200) and an edger ($40).
- East Lake Oaks: Responded on Jan. 21 to reported auto burglary on East Lake Oaks. Victim said someone entered her unsecured Ford while it was parked in her carport and stole an Apple iPad 2 computer tablet, which was the property of the University of Memphis.
- Farmland Way: Responded at 8:38 p.m. on Jan. 23 to a reported theft from yard. Complainant of Regency Home said sometime between 4:30 p.m. Jan. 22 and 9:45 a.m. Jan. 23, someone backed a trailer onto the property under construction at Farmland Way, loading and removing a total of 119 bundles of shingles with a total value of $2,560.
- Ferguson Road: Responded at 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 23 to a reported auto burglary at Wimbleton Gymnastics on Ferguson Road. The victim said that between 5:50 p.m. and 6:10 p.m. someone broke the front driver-side window on her white Chrysler van and took her turquoise purse ($50).
- Ackerman: Responded around 2:36 a.m. on Jan. 24 to reported prowler on Ackerman. Victim said her two dogs woke her up with their barking, and she heard a male voice in her backyard, telling the dogs to shut up. She rose and called 911. The responding officer searched the backyard for the suspect but did not locate him. Further investigation revealed the suspect had entered an exterior shed in the backyard. The victim said nothing was stolen.
- North: Responded on Jan. 26 to vandalism complaint on North. Victim said that sometime on Jan. 23 someone damaged the house’s garage door, apparently by ramming it with a vehicle. Vandalism included the door and tracks being displaced from the wall and is estimated at $1,000.
- U.S. 70: Responded at 3:27 p.m. on Jan. 26 to report of theft/vandalism at Fat Larrys, 7537 U.S. 70. Victim said the following items were stolen from the back of his business: an Ole Hickory Cooker ($5,000), a 5×10 truck trailer (which was chained to a tree) ($700), a Troy-Bilt garden tiller ($600) and a cooker ($280).