Shelby County Schools will host multiple community meetings regarding the district’s proposal to close 13 schools for the 2014-15 school year.
All meetings are at 5:30 p.m.:
- Jan. 27: meetings at both Alcy Elementary School and Vance Middle School
- Jan. 30: meetings at both Riverview Elementary School and Gordon Elementary School
- Feb. 3: meetings at both Graves Elementary School and Northside High School
- Feb. 4: meeting at Westhaven Elementary School
- Feb. 6: meeting at Lanier Middle School
- Feb. 10: meeting at Riverview Middle School
Corry Middle School, Cypress Middle School, Klondike Elementary School, and Shannon Elementary School also are closing as Shelby County Schools but will continue to be operated by the Achievement School District and/or as charter schools.
Community members and staff can ask questions during the meetings. Attendees should note that no final decisions have been made on the proposed closures. Meeting comments and a Final Impact Report will be presented to the Shelby County Board of Education. The public will be notified when a meeting is scheduled to vote on the proposed school closures.
Visit www.scsk12.org for additional information on proposed school closures.