Chamber announces Askew as chairman
The Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce (BACC) has named Mark W. Askew as the new chairman of the board for 2014. The decision was announced on Dec. 17 at the chamber’s annual Board of Director/Board of Advisors Holiday Luncheon.
Askew is the founder and President of A2H, Inc. and has guided it from a one-man engineering studio into a full-service design firm that employs 85 people in four offices across the Mid-South. He is a University of Memphis alumnus and an avid supporter of the local arts community, primarily through the concerts and art shows he organizes at A2H’s gallery space.
He founded the West Tennessee chapter of the Structural Engineers Association. He serves on the Advisory Board for the Herff College of Engineering at the University of Memphis, and over the years he has included some students as interns at his company. Mark has served as president of both the local and state chapters of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC).
Askew replaces Natasha Donerson, who served as 2013 chairman.
Also at the Holiday Luncheon, BACC welcomed newly elected board members who will serve three-year terms, as well as newly appointed board members who are filling vacant slots of previously elected board members.
Those newly elected are:
- Jeremy Clark, CEO of Saint Francis Hospital-Bartlett
- Aj Coffee, General Manager of Wolfchase Galleria
- Chris Miller, President of Yuletide Office Solutions
- Michael Patrick, General Manager of Brimhall Foods Co, Inc.
- Daniel Reid, Senior Vice President at Renasant Bank
- Chris Triplett, Vice President at Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon
- Diane Williamson, Executive Vice President and COO for First South Financial
Those newly appointed are:
- Cary Vaughn, CEO of Love Worth Finding Ministries
- Toru Uchibayashi, CEO of Brother Industries USA
- John Churchill, Executive Director of Workforce Development at Southwest Tennessee Community College
The Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce (BACC) represents 600 businesses throughout Northeast Shelby County, the Greater Memphis Area, and in the city of Bartlett. For more information, see bartlettchamber.org or call (901) 372-9457.