Individuals falling into any of the following groups are required to receive immunizations: childcare facilities, preschool and pre-Kindergarten; Kindergarten; those entering seventh grade; new students to Tennessee; and those beginning higher education. The most common vaccinations required include:
• Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (DTaP);
• Hepatitis B (HepB – 3 shot series);
• Polio (OPV or IPV);
• Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR).
Public health clinics will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on four upcoming Saturdays: July 13, July 27, Aug. 10 and Aug. 24. The health clinics include:
• Galloway Clinic, 757 Galloway N. 901-222-9750
• Hickory Hill Clinic, 6590 Kirby Center Cove 901-222-9910
• Millington Clinic, 8225 Highway 51 901-222-9940
• Shelby Crossing Clinic, 6170 Macon Road 901-222-9800
• Southland Mall Clinic, 1215 Southland Mall 901-222-9828
• Cawthon Clinic, 1000 Haynes 901-222-9866
• Collierville Clinic, 167 Washington 901-222-9900
School immunizations are also available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the SCHD main office, 814 Jefferson Ave.
For parents who need a copy of their child’s shot records, they can contact the SCHD Immunization program at 901-222-9329 or their primary care provider during normal business hours. Also, individuals should bring the child’s documentation of insurance coverage, including those on TennCare.