A public hearing was to be held Tuesday for public input on the proposed 2013 tax levy at the Bartlett’s Board of Aldermen’s regular session.
The levy calls for a certified tax rate of $1.62 per $100 of assessed property value. The hearing provides for public discussion on a subject that has met with no organized objection. The board is expected to approve that rate with a third and final reading upon conclusion of the public hearing.
In other action, aldermen were to consider 18 separate consent agenda items. These items, recommended for approval by various department heads, rarely involve discussion. The board is expected to approve:
• Special event permits for Cherry Valley Neighborhood Watch Social and a Rockyford Neighborhood Watch Social July 27 and July 6 respectively.
• A Kroger Safety Fair at the Kirby-Whitten location June 15.
• A bid from Enviro-Tek to cut vacant lots at $85 per lot.
• A $53,935.30 bid from Herbi-Systems to spray and fertilize city parks.
• A bid from Wilco Services LLC to replace A.E. Beaty Park’s playground equipment at a cost of $38,875.
• A bid from Rock-Tenn of $30 per ton to recycle materials.
• A bid from Mark Weeks Construction in the amount of $45,600 with a $5,000 contingency for curb and gutter replacement.
• A bid from Civil Concepts Inc. for $369,400 for Bartlett Blvd. roadway slope failure repair.
• A $21,150 change order for city hall roof replacement.
• A $148,893 bid from Accurate Roofing for Fire Station Three roof replacement.
• A $39,000 bid from Tyler Marketing for professional services.
• A $27,888 bid from Pitney Bowes for a postage/mailing system.
In other action, the Bartlett Beer Board was expected to levy fines against three additional Bartlett businesses for selling alcohol to minors. The alleged violators include Brad’s Barbecue, 2845 Bartlett Road; the Kwik Shop, 6740 Stage Road; and Sam’s Club, 8480 Highway 64. All businesses were cited for selling to minors between April 2 and April 11 and face fines up to 15 days of suspended licenses or a $500 fine.